Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 927 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Następna strona
Recoil 
Autor Wiadomość

Post Re: Recoil
O tu przypomina samego siebie, na tamtym jednym zdjęciu wygląda staro. ;)

Pn lis 05, 2012 13:05 pm

A ja chciałbym raz jeszcze, tym razem tą drogą, podziękować pewnej koleżance za pomoc (szepnięcie do ucha ochroniarzowi). Jesteś tu na forum? :)

Pn lis 05, 2012 13:26 pm Zobacz profil

W trailerze nowej części gry Hitman wykorzystano utwór RECOIL :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... sir5keplhc

Pt lis 16, 2012 19:19 pm Zobacz profil

nooo, z komentarzy pod linkiem dowiadujemy się, że Recoil tu dubstep i wiara jest gotowa nawet się o to pokłócić...

Pt lis 16, 2012 22:41 pm Zobacz profil

No właśnie czytam... Szkoda gadać.. Gimbaza zapewne.

So lis 17, 2012 1:28 am Zobacz profil

Czy Alan zabrał się wreszcie za tworzenie nowego materiału ? :wink:

So maja 04, 2013 13:16 pm Zobacz profil

zdaje się, że Alan ostatnio będąc na pokazie w Łodzi stwierdził, że wolałby teraz zająć się muzyką filmową, a nie kolejnym studyjnym albumem recoil ?

N maja 26, 2013 10:12 am Zobacz profil WWW

Tak :) Jednak na moje pytanie, czy nie myślał o tym, by nagrać "Recoil" wersje swoich kawałków z DM - Two Minute Warning czy The Landscape Is Changing - odpowiedział, że woli tworzyć coś zupełnie nowego.

N maja 26, 2013 18:14 pm Zobacz profil

Nie wiem czy ktoś się dokopie do tego tu, zatem wrzucę jeszcze w któryś z wątków dM - ale w jednej z facebookowych grup, w której zbierają się fani Alana i zwolennicy jego powrotu do dM - zorganizowano konkurs pytań, na które Wilder zobowiązał się odpowiedzieć. Pytania były wybrane w ankiecie - i tu mamy rezultat tego "konkursu" - bardzo ciekawy wywiad :)

Hi everyone. Here are the promised answers to the member’s winning questions from your recent contest. Some of these have been asked before of course:)

01-) When will a new Recoil album be released?

AW: This is going to sound rather negative I’m afraid - I don’t mean it to be but I am a realist.

As everyone is aware CD & music sales have fallen dramatically over recent years. Recoil is not a financially viable project and hasn’t been for some time. For many years now there has been no income for myself from the sales of my own music. Any income has been used to pay off debts to Mute Records for overspends on the earlier albums (not their fault but a sign of the times as they were). For example, in the '90s it was still normal to spend say £40,000 on a video (as we did for ‘Drifting’ for instance) - a video which hardly got shown I might add. This is not a complaint or sour grapes from me, just a fact.

More recently and until now, I have pretty much subsidised the project myself, recorded in my own self-built studios and so on. Mute never have, and never will give me an advance in this current climate and I just cannot afford anymore to sit in a studio for the best part of a year to make a record which very few people will buy. Sadly, most people expect to receive music for free these days, or via file sharing, illegal download and so on. Live work can bring a small amount of income but it is not something I naturally gravitate towards and, if I were to put together a band, that would probably lose money given the number of tickets I could reasonable expect to sell.

The truth is I have been pulling in favours left, right & centre (from people willing to help with little or no payment) just to keep things going. I do understand that there are other ways to skin a cat - like self release, fund gathering - and so I am not ruling myself out of the game completely but, for now, I have many other priorities which I need to pursue. Frankly, I am distracted from music by needing sort out ‘life’. Once I get settled into a new home and re-build a small studio (my current one is dismantled and packed up), then maybe I’ll get the urge to pick up where I left off.

02-) What is your favourite DM album after you left?

AW: Probably ‘Ultra’. I like certain tracks like ‘Barrel Of A Gun’ and ‘Home’. The souped-up mastering puts me off listening however. In fact all the albums since then have been so massively compressed (the loudness war), that I find there is a huge sonic mallet which hits you in the face before you even get to the music itself. I doubt the group are themselves responsible for that aspect - more likely orders from above.

03-) What is the weirdest thing a fan has done for you?

AW: There have been many obsessives who followed us around. I get a lot of very odd letters of course - Brazilian transvestites & Eastern Europeans who compose their fantasies (via Google translate:) tend to be the most disturbing correspondences! I remember one of them wanted play a "game of cat & rat". A few slightly older fans have named their children Alan, some have camped outside my home dressed top-to-tail in black leather during the sweltering heat of mid-summer. I found one which had entirely melted into a pool of plastic. Not particularly weird but many have gone to great lengths by getting involved in my project (which is much appreciated) either through promotion, running Recoil sites, providing film & art, promoting events, investing in items from my memorabilia auction and so on. Someone recently bought my Mercedes and another threatened, in all seriousness, to actually buy my house (but didn’t come through:)!

04-) Why did you decide to stop contributing lyrics after 'Some Great Reward’?

AW: Every time I wrote lyrics down, I would read them back and think they sounded naive, stupid, unpoetic. I guess my self censorship was too strict and that never allowed me to express myself in that way. I like writing prose but I just didn’t think my lyrics had any worth and decided not to focus on something which wasn’t sitting comfortably with me. Experimenting with sound, orchestration, arrangement & production techniques all felt far more exciting and rewarding. I’m a fool really because publishing is where the money is! You don’t get any extra cash for production when you’re in the band...

05-) What is the greatest compliment another musician has given you? Who said it?

AW: Gary Numan’s always saying lovely things (bless him), about Recoil and especially in connection with ‘SOFAD' which he cited as instigating a career-changing revelation for him. Trent Reznor apparently was quite impressed with ‘Liquid’ and went on to use it as his intro music before all his shows on one particular NIN tour. Can’t think of any others right now.

06-) Why did you pick the name Recoil? What is its significance?

AW: No great significance really - I just liked the sound of the word. ‘Recoil' : meaning 'to be thrown back, from an impact or violent thrust, perhaps in fear' seemed to fit exactly with the general effect I’d like the music to have. In other words I want all Recoil music to create a reaction in the listener rather than blandly wash over them.

07-) What is your favourite childhood memory?

AW: Standing at the school end at Loftus Road watching QPR from the late ‘60s/'70s. My heroes then were Rodney Marsh and, particularly, the legend that is Stan Bowles - but it was the whole evocative atmosphere which really captured my imagination, the cramped ground filled with expectant fans, floodlights shining through mist & rain, muddy pitches, the smell of cigar smoke, wagon wheels (dodgy confectionary of the period), drooling over a freshly printed footy programme. I used to go with my father Albert and our next door neighbour, ‘Uncle' Bill. Other memories include running around our family room, beside myself with excitement, singing ‘Baby Baby’ at age 4 or 5 having been given a big red plastic guitar for Xmas. My earliest - cracking my head open on the back step of our house in Acton followed by my frantic mother holding me over the kitchen sink while pouring blood! I still have a scar from that 50 years later. Not exactly a ‘fave’ memory but the first (see photo circa 1962/63).

---------------------

Hope that’s ok!

Alan

Cz lut 06, 2014 11:14 am Zobacz profil

Holy, wiadomo z kiedy mniej więcej są te pytania ?

Cz lut 06, 2014 21:21 pm Zobacz profil

Z ostatnich tygodni - był konkurs na grupie i najpopularniejsze pytania zadano mu chyba 2 tyg temu

Cz lut 06, 2014 21:22 pm Zobacz profil

smutno mi jak czytam odpowiedź na pytanie nr 1, chociaż nie mogę powiedzieć, że mnie zaskoczyła... Wiadomo, muzyka Recoil nie jest marketingowo atrakcyjna i rozumiem, że niełatwo jest wydać nową płytę. Ale z wypowiedzi Alana nie wynika, żeby jakąkolwiek muzykę obecnie tworzył (niezależnie od tego, czy są szanse na zarabianie na niej) albo przynajmniej miał na to ochotę. Stwierdza jedynie, że nie wyklucza tego ze swoich planów, i to wszystko :(

Ciekawe, czym zatem zamierza się zająć, jeżeli:
Cytuj:
I just cannot afford anymore to sit in a studio for the best part of a year to make a record which very few people will buy

trochę późno na zmianę branży :wink:

So lut 08, 2014 2:08 am Zobacz profil

W myśl zasady NIGDY NIE MÓW NIGDY, zawsze może wyprodukować następną płytę DM, jeśli go kryzys przyciśnie... :D

So lut 08, 2014 21:13 pm Zobacz profil

Kryzys go już przycisnął. Temat jest dużo bardziej skomplikowany. Ale sam byłem w szoku, jak to przeczytałem, bo na takie stwierdzenia zdobywał się tylko w gronie, gdzie mógł sobie na to pozwolić. To są odpowiedzi człowieka, który mając swój honor stoi na rozdrożu. Dawne sposoby zarabiania, które mogły mu pozwolić na utrzymywanie się na jako takim poziomie, teraz się kończą, również dzięki nam fanom i "fanom" finał tego jest taki, że to rozdroże zmienia się w knebel i spycha w niebyt.

Pn lut 10, 2014 16:39 pm Zobacz profil WWW

To ma do wyboru: niebyt muzyczny, wybranie drogi jako producent płyty jakiegoś artysty lub odstawienie honoru i powrót do DM?

Pn lut 10, 2014 18:40 pm Zobacz profil

Taaa powrót do DM ...

Ja to jak zwykle podchodzę do tego zbyt emocjonalnie. Nie chce uderzać w sentymentalna nutę ale żal mi go. Trudno uniknąć porównań - teraz kiedy DM zbiera jeszcze żniwo Delty on nie ma funduszy na wydanie płyty. I coś mi się wydaje, że nie tylko na to. No taka drogę wybrał.

Przynajmniej jego ulubieńcom QPR wiedze się całkiem nieźle.

Śr lut 12, 2014 9:54 am Zobacz profil

Martini napisał(a):
Kryzys go już przycisnął. Temat jest dużo bardziej skomplikowany. Ale sam byłem w szoku, jak to przeczytałem, bo na takie stwierdzenia zdobywał się tylko w gronie, gdzie mógł sobie na to pozwolić. To są odpowiedzi człowieka, który mając swój honor stoi na rozdrożu. Dawne sposoby zarabiania, które mogły mu pozwolić na utrzymywanie się na jako takim poziomie, teraz się kończą, również dzięki nam fanom i "fanom" finał tego jest taki, że to rozdroże zmienia się w knebel i spycha w niebyt.

to kasa z aukcji już poszła ? a czy nie jest tak ze za wszystkie wydawane remastery albumów z jego udziałem kasy niema ?

Śr lut 12, 2014 10:07 am Zobacz profil WWW

Hmm, ja odniosłam wrażenie, że kasa z aukcji miała pójść na spłacenie jakichś starszych zobowiązań, względnie połowy królestwa dla Hep...
W kwestii produkowania płyt innych artystów Alan zwykle wypowiadał się negatywnie, ciekawe czy teraz zmieni zdanie, i czy w ogóle ma takie propozycje.

Śr lut 12, 2014 19:49 pm Zobacz profil

do końca liczyłam, że nie jest u niego źle, ale niestety...

Śr lut 12, 2014 19:56 pm Zobacz profil

i jeszcze bardziej smutna wiadomość...
Cytuj:
R.I.P. MAGGIE ESTEP
It is with great sadness that we have learnt of the death of New York writer, poet and one-time Recoil collaborator Maggie Estep who apparently died from complications following a heart attack earlier this week. She was just 50.
Maggie, who described herself as a “novelist, occasional poet, dog-lover, handstand enthusiast" published seven books including 'Diary Of An Emotional Idiot' (1997), 'Soft Maniacs': Stories (1999) & 'Hex: A Ruby Murphy Mystery’ (2003), as well as two notable spoken word albums 'No More Mr. Nice Girl' (1994) & 'Love Is A Dog From Hell' (1997).
In 1997 she contributed to Recoil’s ‘Unsound Methods’ album providing the vocals for ‘Luscious Apparatus’ & ‘Control Freak’. Our deepest sympathies go out to her family and all who knew her personally and through her work.
The Shunt staff

Śr lut 12, 2014 20:38 pm Zobacz profil
Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 927 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Następna strona